Test renders are unlimited and free to all new and existing customers for certain file formats. These tests are crucial and have several purposes; be sure to run one or more free test renders to determine the following:
- Check and verify the outputted images look correct. If something does not look right you can click the "View Log" link located next to each frame to see any errors that may have been generated. If you need more help, please search our forums or contact email@example.com
- Price quotes. We need the resulting test(s) to give you an accurate estimate and turnaround time.
Note: Our Unlimited Free Test Renders only support the following output formats: JPG, BMP, PNG, TGA, TIFF . Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need to do a test with a different output format.
Note: StratusCores Render Rocket does NOT support output for the following formats:
Attempting to output 1 single animation is not a best practice and is also risky. Best practice is to render your animation to an image sequence.
So you have created a project, uploaded and extracted your source files and now you want to actually do some rendering? This is both the most fun and the easiest part of cloud rendering, so let’s get started!
- Click “Launch Render” from the top of the website page.
- In the Scene Selection, choose your Project, Scene and Render engine.
- Scene Analysis will launch and you will be taken to a screen with Render Settings.
The Render Rocket Scene Analysis is a custom analysis script that will attempt to open your scene and read the scenes internal render settings. This process can take anywhere from just a few seconds on simple, non-complex scenes to 15 minutes with very large scene files (those with hundreds of textures and multiple reference scenes). The analysis will attempt to display any and all textures used, the frame range and available cameras. NOTE: Even if Scene Analysis does not complete or fails, it will never prevent you from submitting the render job or affect your render. It is perfectly SAFE to "Launch" your job BEFORE "Scene Analysis" finishes."
Here is where you choose the global settings in your scene. If the Analysis completed successfully a lot of these will be auto populated for you saving you the hassle of entering them manually. You can, however, change anything you want here. You do not have to follow the analysis recommendations.
You will see the results of Scene Analysis. It will show all textures in your scene and display a status for each one. If you see one that has come up as “missing”, be sure to check your FTP and verify it has been uploaded. If it still has a missing state and is in your FTP Source folder, there may be paths in your scene that are not valid. (See troubleshooting ) for help in this situation.
- Select the payment mode you wish to use. Depending on the customer there can be multiple options and not everyone will have the same items available. Since this is your first render select “Test Render – Free”
- Enter the desired frame range. For test renders, this is limited to no more than 5 watermarked frames. The "by" value will skip frames. So if you choose a frame range of 1 – 10, with a "by" value of 2. It will render frames 1, 3, 5, 7, 9. The "batch" value groups frames together; this is a more advanced feature and is described in depth here: Batch Rendering. NOTE: If you're only rendering Frame 0, please enter "0".
- Select the Camera in your scene to render from.
- If your scene has layers, choose which layer(s) you wish to render. Again, test renders are limited to 5 frames.
- Extra Parameters is another advanced feature. (See Advanced Options ) for an example of parameters that can be specified). This feature is disabled for Test Renders, if you need Extra Parameters for your test render, contact email@example.com.
- Finally click “Launch”! That’s it! You have successfully launched your first job with Render Rocket and your job is now in queue and rendering on our network! Congratulations!
Not finding what you are looking for here? Try our searchable Help Resources or contact our support team for more information. You can always email firstname.lastname@example.org for technical questions. Don't hesitate to contact us - we are here to help you get your renders done and meet your deadlines.