The number of test render jobs is unlimited and free to all new and existing customers for certain file formats up to 20 core hours. We strongly encourage running test renders to verify:
- Image Quality. If something does not look right you can click the "View Log" link next to each frame to see any errors. If you need more help, please search our support center or contact email@example.com
- Price estimates and turnaround time.
Supported Output Formats: Test render jobs only support the following output formats: JPG, BMP, PNG, TGA, TIFF.
StratusCore’s Render Rocket does NOT support output for .MOV and .AVI files.
Tip: Attempting to output one single animation is not a best practice and is also risky. Best practice is to render your animation to an image sequence.
Running your Test Render
After you have created a project and have uploaded and extracted your source files, you’re ready to run a test render.
- Click “Launch Render” from the top of the website page.
- In the Scene Selection, choose your Project, Scene and Render engine.
- Scene Analysis will launch and you will be taken to a screen with Render Settings.
The Render Rocket Scene Analysis will open your scene and read the scene’s internal render settings. This process can take anywhere from a few seconds for simple scenes to 15 minutes for very large scene files. The analysis will attempt to display any textures used, the frame range and available cameras. If you see a file that is listed as “missing”, be sure to check your project directory and verify the file(s) has been uploaded. If it still has a missing state and is in your project's Source folder, there may be paths in your scene that are not valid. See troubleshooting for help in this situation.
NOTE: Even if Scene Analysis does not complete or fails, it does not prevent you from submitting the render job or affect your render. It is SAFE to "Launch" your job BEFORE "Scene Analysis" finishes."
Render Settings is where you choose the global settings in your scene. If the Analysis completed successfully, a lot of these will be auto-populated, saving you the hassle of entering them manually. You can, however, change anything you want here. You do not have to follow the analysis recommendations.
Submitting the Test Render
- Select the payment mode “Test Render – Free”
- Enter the desired frame range. For test renders, this is limited to no more than 5 watermarked frames.The "by" value will skip frames. So if you choose a frame range of 1 – 10, with a "by" value of 2. It will render frames 1, 3, 5, 7, 9. The "batch" value groups frames together; this is a more advanced feature and is described in depth here: Batch Rendering. If you're only rendering Frame 0, please enter "0".
- Select the Camera in your scene to render from.
- If your scene has layers, choose which layer(s) you wish to render. Again, test renders are limited to 5 frames.
- Extra Parameters is another advanced feature that is disabled for Test Renders. (See Advanced Options ) for an example of parameters that can be specified). If you need Extra Parameters for your test render, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Finally click “Launch”! That’s it! You have successfully launched your first job with Render Rocket and your job is now in queue and rendering on our network! Congratulations!
Not finding what you are looking for here? Try our searchable Help Resources or contact our support team for more information. You can always email email@example.com for technical questions. Don't hesitate to contact us - we are here to help you get your renders done and meet your deadlines.