LaunchPad is currently in closed beta. For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once you've installed LaunchPad, load your scene in your creation software and adjust your render settings as you normally would. This includes setting your resolution, output format (for 3ds Max, this involves setting an output path), camera, layers, passes, etc.
Save your scene, then invoke LaunchPad. The LaunchPad application will start; the first time it launches, you will be prompted to log in. If your creation software is full screen, you may need to minimize it to access LaunchPad (or click the icon in your task bar).
NOTE: It is very important to save your scene before submitting it to LaunchPad, otherwise any changes you made may be lost.
Enter your StratusCore/Render Rocket email address and password to login. If you do not have an account, visit www.stratuscore.com and click "sign up" to get started. Render Rocket is a service of StratusCore.
If you've forgotten your password, click "Forgot Password" and enter the email associated with your StratusCore/Render Rocket account to reset your password.
Scene Summary and Render Settings
Once LaunchPad connects, two windows will come up. One will be the main LaunchPad application and the other will be your Job Submission window, showing your Scene Summary.
1. Begin by selecting a Project from the dropdown at the top. You can also create a new Project by clicking the button underneath. LaunchPad will default to using the selected Project for future submissions until you change it to another Project.
2. Review the settings listed in the window.
3. If you'd like to make changes to anything, we recommend clicking "cancel" and returning to your scene. Make the necessary changes in your application's render settings, then re-save your scene and invoke LaunchPad again.
4. Choose your render mode, and other details, by clicking "Render Settings".
5. Select your Mission Mode. Test renders are free and always suggested before running a Normal or Econ job. If you're running a paid job, you'll need to ensure that you have credits in your account balance.
a. To purchase credits, click here.
6. Adjust your frames, if necessary. If you are running a Test, ensure that you only have five (or fewer) frames selected, or you will not be able to continue.
7. If you are running a Test job, you will be restricted to certain Output Formats. If you are running a Normal or Econ job, your job will use the output settings saved in your scene.
8. Click "Save Settings" to return to your Scene Summary.
9. Review your settings one last time, then click "Submit Job" to continue.
Monitoring Your Jobs
- After you've submitted your job(s), you will see it appear in your Job List. LaunchPad will automatically upload the scene file and all other necessary files to the render farm. The job will become queued to render on the farm, and will begin when a render node is available.
- Clicking on a job will provide you with more details on the job. This includes:
- Summary: Overall details and controls to Pause and Abort your job.
- Frames: The render progress of each of your job's frames.
- Output: Details on your outputted frames.
- Log: The render logs of your frames (useful for diagnosing issues!).
- After your job has completed rendering, LaunchPad will automatically download the completed frames to your local machine. Click on "Open downloaded file location" in the Summary tab.
- You can click on "Settings" to see the path of your Local Download Directory.
If you share your workstation with other users and need to log out, click your account name, then choose "Log Out".
If you have any questions unanswered, please contact us. Below are your options to reach us:
- Use the "Support" button at the bottom-right corner of this window.
- Email us at email@example.com.
- Click the "Help" button in LaunchPad and selecting "Support Request Form".