Maxwell Renderer is remarkable piece of software, but can sometimes be a little tricky...
Here are the most common problems and solutions to be sure you get a successful output...
1. My frames say "Done" but there is nothing in my FTP
There are times when Maxwell will consider a frame "Done", even if it fails. The most common reason is you are missing files for your scene.
SOLUTION: Verify you have uploaded ALL necessary assets that your scene requires. Maxwell will end the render if a single texture or other asset is missing. The easiast way to be sure you got everything is to use Maxwell's "Pack N Go" feature. (File > Pack N Go). This will archive all your assets for you, saving you the trouble of searching for each individual asset.
2. My Render Frame's complete in under 3 seconds each
There are times when Maxwell will consider a frame "Done", even if it fails. If you are positive you have all your assets, take a look at the logs (View Logs Link), you may have an incorrect setting. Something might look like this: "Error parsing argument: -sl:Infinity'.
SOLUTION: Maxwell will not allow a blank time field or anything over "9999". If you want the render to run for as long as it takes then use "9999". This can obviously be lowered depending on your requirements.
3. My frames failed, with no explanation.
Here at Render Rocket we are currently using Maxwell version 3.0
SOLUTION: Verify that your scene file was created with a 3.0 or below. If you have a higher version, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will see what we can do to get your scene rendered for you.
4. My frame has been rendering for way too long with no progress, i think something is wrong?!
This can happen with scene files that are very complex / large. The render may hang up and not move. First, contact email@example.com for a technician to verify that the frame is indeed hung up. If it is, we can do a couple things to recify the situation...
- Go through the scene file and be sure everything is optimized as much as possible (this is possible for renders that are using the Maxwell plugin for Maya, 3ds Max, C4D, etc)
- If at all possible render to a lower SL level. Going from a SL of 25 to 18 usually will not make a noticable difference (of course this depends on the scene file).
- 3. We can move your renders to our high capacity machines, however this usually comes with a slightly higher price tag. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to see how much the high capacity machines run (32 core / 64 GB)
If you are still having trouble please contact email@example.com. Be sure to include your user and/or account name, the project you are working with and the scene file along with the version it was created with. We will be happy to assit you in any way we can.
Not finding what you are looking for here? Try our searchable Help Resources or contact our support team for more infomraiton. You can always email firstname.lastname@example.org for technical questions or your account management team email@example.com for everything else! Don't hesitate in contacting us - we are here to help you get your renders done and meet your deadines!